One day recently by the pool, my mom handed me some mulberries to try. I had never had them before and she recently stumbled upon them. They were so tasty! Naturally sweet and just delightful. I immediately wanted to buy some and make a trail mix as a fun, sustainable summer snack or even to have as breakfast!
You can modify this trail mix however you wish. Feel free to add something else or skip something that isn’t calling to you. Next time, I want to add something with peanut butter, so maybe peanut butter baking chips or small peanut butter crackers would be fun, or even white chocolate chips. Yum!
The possibilities are really endless! What would you add to this?
I like trail mix that is loaded or “extra” as they say. Most things about me are a bit extra, so why would my trail mix be any different?
Also, this will make a LOT of trail mix. So don’t worry, you may spend some money upfront, but you will be snacking for a while!
I prefer unsweetened or unsalted ingredients for all the goodies if that is an option as a general rule. Also, the mulberries were bought on amazon. Seriously, if you have never had them, get some!
Be sure to check out all my recipes!
- ½ cup cashews
- ½ cup pecans
- ½ cup almonds
- ½ cup pistachios (already peeled)
- ½ cup peanuts
- ½ cup sesame sticks
- ½ cup Annie’s cheddar bunny crackers (can be cheez-its or another small cheddar cracker)
- ½ cup small pretzels
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 1 cup white mulberries
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Take a large container (preferably one with a cover) and add all the ingredients into it. Cover and shake it gently or using a large spoon mix it around.
- It may be helpful to mix it as you go as the container will likely get full quickly.
- Cover and that’s it!
- For convenience, portion out some in small containers or plastic baggies for a super easy grab-and-go snack.
- I store it in the fridge which is not necessary, but it keeps it longer and if you put chocolate in your mix, it won’t melt on the counter.
If you make any of my recipes, be sure to post pics and tag me @Drmcselfcare & #docdishes
Be sure to like, subscribe and love me across all my social media platforms for the most up-to-date information on self-care! You can also watch any of my previously recorded videos on the LIVE tab of Dr. MC’s Self-Care Cabaret or my YouTube Channel. OR catch me on Instagram, where I have been sharing more expertise on self-care!