TW/CW: Some discussion of eating disorders and behaviors. Are you connected to your body? Do you honor your body’s signals? Today, we invite you to move back into your body. Dr. MC is so honored to share this interview with dietician Anna Sweeney. Dr. MC had the pleasure of working with Anna back in 2015 when she was at my proverbial rock bottom with disordered eating, exercise bulimia, and although never formally diagnosed anorexia. Anna is a Certified Eating Disorder Registered Dietitian, Certified Intuitive Eating Specialist, and owner of Whole Life Nutrition Counseling. She is an expert in the treatment of individuals struggling with eating disorders, disordered eating, and emotional eating.
Anna also proudly identifies herself as a disabled woman as she lives with a chronic illness. Anna is a recognized public figure on social media, where she does not shy away from talking about chronic illness, wellness culture, and how to navigate these tenuous spaces.
This episode is packed with such wonderful info, vulnerability, and real-life experience.
As always we love to hear from our listeners! Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or topics you’d like to hear about on future episodes.
- Anna’s Website (@DieticianAnna on Instagram)
- Virtual connection 2.0 — Whole Life Nutrition Counseling
- Anti-Diet: Reclaim Your Time, Money, Well-Being, and Happiness Through Intuitive Eating by Christy Harrison
- Food Psych Podcast
- Intuitive Eating by Evelyn Tribole & Elyse Resch – There is a workbook, journal, and deck that are fabulous also.
- Health at Every Size by Lindo Bacon
- The creators of the HAES movement – The Association of Size Diversity & Health (ASDAH).
- Fat Activism: A Radical Social Movement and The Body Is Not an Apology, Second Edition: The Power of Radical Self-Love, and workbook.