Scorpio marks the 6th installment of our Astrology & Self-Care series, which means we are halfway through exploring all the zodiac signs from this perspective.
Scorpio is strong, passionate, and stubborn with the creative energy to transform themselves when necessary. Not mild by nature, Scorpio is magnetic and seeks extremes in life.
Anyone born between October 23 – November 21 is a Scorpio, according to Astrology. In a previous blog post, I introduced self-care according to the zodiac, and as promised, we will dive into the specific 12 zodiac signs as we are in each season. We have already looked at Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, and Libra.
However, it should be noted that even if you are not a Scorpio, these self-care tips are useful regardless of your zodiac sign.
The following is my takeaway on Scorpio from “The Astrological Guide to Self-Care” by Constance Stellas.
Scorpio is symbolized by the Scorpion, the eagle, and the phoenix. Whereas all signs have a symbol, Scorpio has three, but they are most commonly represented by the Scorpion. Scorpio seeks transformation and recognizes that self-care can help them achieve this goal. Creative self-care activities are of particular interest to this sign. Scorpios do not like receiving self-care advice from others as they prefer to be their own judge of what they need. Luckily, this water sign tends to be tuned into their needs and their body.
Scorpios can become obsessive about self-care, which will ultimately backfire if they do not allow for spontaneity, but once a Scorpio develops a routine, they tend to stick with it.
Constance Stellas provides a list of self-care activities ideal for Scorpio, and for the ease of my readers, I have categorized them by the different domains of self-care.
For more on the various domains of self-care, please read a previous blog post. You can also watch my Talk-Back Tuesday session explaining the ten domains of self-care and practices associated with each domain. (Facebook/YouTube)
Nutrition/Hydration (eating a variety of healthy and nutritious foods throughout the day)
- It is essential to keep the digestive tract functioning properly; consider adding Red Ginseng to your diet as tea or a supplement.
- Consider adding the exotic spice, Mastic, to your cooking. This ancient spice is grown only in Greece and has been used as a digestive remedy for many years.
- Include natural aphrodisiacs in your diet, such as oysters or saffron ice cream.
- Unwind with a Stinger cocktail – the book provides the following recipe: 2 oz Brandy and ¾ oz white Crème de menthe. Shake ingredients with ice and strain into a rocks glass.
- Be sure to eat probiotic-rich foods, such as yogurt, pickles, and kimchi.
Exercise (finding activities that make us feel good and moving our bodies regularly)
- Water activities are appealing to Scorpios, such as aqua jogging.
- Learn to dance the tango or the art of Hula dance for exercise and as a way to engage Scorpio’s sensual side.
- Don’t be afraid to test your limits and try something daring.
- Watch Horror movies and experience the health benefits of an occasional scare. A study conducted in the UK found that watching Horror movies burns more calories than other media genres.
Soothing Strategies (breathing exercises and pursuing activities that stimulate your physical, intellectual, interpersonal, or creative side to relax)
- Consider owning a pet. The unconditional love and wordless communication is appealing to Scorpios.
- Help to stay grounded by wearing Tiger’s Eye or Topaz jewelry known to have qualities to keep emotions in check. Also, wear jewelry containing Alexandrite to appeal to Scorpio’s fiery side.
- Feel empowered by carrying a piece of Black Tourmaline in your pocket.
- Try listening to flamenco music to unwind, or as part of a workout, or even to set the mood during a date night. In addition to flamenco, add fellow Scorpions to your playlist, including Drake, Katy Perry, Keith Urban, Brad Paisley, Frank Ocean, Anthony Kiedis, Joni Mitchell, Jeff Buckley, and Björk.
- Visit a museum and celebrate fellow Scorpion artists as well, such as Pablo Picasso, Roy Lichtenstein, Claude Monet, and Georgia O’Keeffe.
- Tap into your humorous and creative side by drawing and captioning cartoons for a productive and cathartic self-care activity.
- Try a cleansing and purifying mud bath at a spa or visit a hot spring.
- Next time you are heading out, consider an all-black outfit with a leather (faux is fine) accessory for a confidence boost.
Self-Awareness/Mindfulness (calming awareness of thoughts, feelings, and body and engaging in meditation/mind-body practices)
- Ruler of the reproductive system and organs of elimination, ensuring the sacral and root chakras are balanced, are key for Scorpios. Practice yoga to help connect movement to your breath, and be sure to add Eagle pose to your practice. Reiki can also help restore and maintain balance of the chakras.
- Engage in deep meditation ideal for transformation.
Rest (taking time to recharge the batteries and sleep)
- Take a vacation that involves the water. Consider a high-speed boat ride in New Orleans or a floatplane in Australia.
Relationships (spend time with people who support you and make you feel good)
- Visit a maze or labyrinth with a group of friends for a friendly competition.
- Spice up a romantic evening with your partner with sexy lingerie to appeal to Scorpio’s passionate side. Experiment with textures and bold colors.
- Attend a masquerade ball or a murder mystery night or host your own with your friends to appeal to Scorpio’s enigmatic and mysterious side.
- Keep your sarcastic sting and stubbornness in check when communicating with others, or it may come back to haunt you or ruin a relationship.
- Don’t be afraid to help others evolve.
- Experiment sexually with your partner while maintaining safety for both of you, but don’t be afraid to spice things up by trying something new.
Physical/Medical (attending to needs of our physical body and seeking medical care regularly)
- Scorpios tend to engage in harmful habits. You know the risky behaviors you need to stop doing; now is the time to make a plan and stick with it to kick the nasty habit.
Environment (setting up your physical work/living space to make you feel good)
- Consider decorating with glass figurines or abstract glass sculptures. Let the natural light shine through the pieces and marvel at the rainbows it creates.
- Apothecary jars make ideal decorations in the home for Scorpio to honor their spirit.
- Two of the symbols used for Scorpio is an Eagle, a powerful and majestic creature. Secondly is a Phoenix, a creature that represents transformation. Consider learning more about each of these animals and display their likeness in your home or keep a picture in your workspace to remind you of the power you possess. Lastly, Decorate with a representation of a Scorpion as a totem of your strength.
- Express yourself in your home décor with black and deep burgundies, maybe even a snakeskin throw pillow and a Venus fly trap plant. Make your space your own!
Spiritual (experience meaning or a larger purpose in your life, read, watch, or listen to something inspirational)
- Indulge your mysterious side by investigating your past lives through a reading from a past-life expert.
- Intrigued by various spiritual practices, Scorpios should explore them deeply to discover the power they may possess for you and incorporate them as you see fit.
- Consider learning about white magic to manifest change in your personal and professional life or engage in other manifestation practices. Additionally, learn how to use a pendulum for spiritual healing.
- Connecting with the afterlife by visiting a graveyard is a great activity for Scorpios, especially if you can visit one where your ancestors are buried. Consider making a gravestone rubbing if they are allowed in the cemetery.
Scorpios, what do you think? Even if you are not a Scorpio, as always, if something from this list calls you, you should add it to your self-care routine.
Be sure to like, subscribe and love me across all my social media platforms for the most up to date information on self-care! You can also watch any of my previously recorded videos on the LIVE tab of Dr. MC’s Self-Care Cabaret or my YouTube Channel.